Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid “non-essential” travel and contact with others to fight coronavirus.
He said people should work from home and avoid pubs, club, theatres where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.
Anyone in the same house as someone who has a cough or fever will also have to isolate for 14 days, he said.
All elderly and vulnerable people must also begin self-isolating within days.
Please bear in mind, that should you still hold rallies against this instruction, then you will not be covered under our license, nor the public liability insurance.
Management are in current talks, and the National AGM looks doubtful, but we will update you as soon as we have reached the decision. Obviously this needs to be agreed urgently, as there is a lot of planning to be done.
It is a trying time for us all, but if we stick to the directions we are given, then hopefully we will come through this safely and be able to resume rallying again as soon as possible.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact either your National Secretary, Robin Wilkinson, or your National Rally Co-Ordinator, Steve Cooke.
When it is all over, and we know for how long we have not been allowed to rally, then we will calculate some sort of financial recompense against membership renewals for next year – to be confirmed.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter, and we hope to see you on the rally field again later in the year.
With kindest regards, and your best interests at heart,
On behalf of all the Management Team of the
Touring Caravan Club
Touring Caravan Club
What you will find here:
- Family oriented club run by the Members for the Members.
- A club that does not tie you down to owning a certain make of Caravan, Motorhome, Trailer Tent or Tent.
- A club that just wants to encourage you to get out and enjoy using your units.
- Sections spread all around the country.
- Rally with any section you wish, not just your ‘Home’ section.
- Rallies most weekends
- Caravanning in all weathers.
Upon joining you will receive:
- Membership Cards
- Annual Rally Brochure
- Bi-monthly ‘News & Views’ magazine, including a section by section review of rallies and news from around the club Here
- Much sought-after “Touring Caravan Club” Window Sticker
- Updates and changes for your yearly Rally Brochure
- Online Access to the TCC Forums and Community section
- Great prices on Rallying all year round, all across the country. (Rallies from £10 per unit per night)
Join today to see what the club is all about. We offer a 90-day membership in order to allow you to try out the club therefore if you really don’t like it and the club truly isn’t for you there isn’t any commitment to continue.
Lastly, we would like to say: In the Touring Caravan Club, There are no strangers only friends you have yet to meet.
We are registered with ACCEO